|Burberry A/W Collection|
While we are still clinging on to summer with our finger tips, the weather seems to be having other plans. So, if we have to start digging out the coats, we can at least do it in style. These trend tips are for those of you not ready to let go of the summer wardrobe but accepting it may be time to start introducing Autumn/Winter.
- While keeping the rest of your outfit summery is do-able on warmer days, you will never regret a sturdier shoe. The A/W fashion shows had lots of water proof style boots because there is nothing more likely to kill that summer vibe than soggy feet!
- If you are still unable to tear yourself away from the pretty footwear, there is an alternative: wedges! High enough off the ground to steer clear of puddles but more sturdy than a dainty kitten heel, it is the perfect transitional shoe!
- Start to tone down the florals and pastels with the addition of brown. A cosy coat in tan doesn't have to be boring though. Try mixing up the shades of browns and adding different textures to create a demure yet interesting look.
- The ultimate mash up for this transition is denim shorts with a knitted jumper. Try a typically autumn style jumper in burnt orange with ripped shorts and a pair of brown boots. Perfection!
- Prints aren't don't have to be saved for summer and make the perfect addition to a plain outfit. Stay away from florals and try large, unusual patterns in more Autumnal colours. A big chunky scarf or a shirt with jeans will have you bouncing in to autumn chic in no time!
- On those days where you know it's going to be cold at some point but you don't want to style your whole outfit around it, a chunky knit is a good option. Oversized and easy to throw over your shoulders: you will not regret it!
- We all knew the dark colours would work their way in somewhere and this season, metallic is back. Last year, the metallic colours were bold and bright. This year, they are much more subtle and wearable. Dark colours with hints of metallic and lace will be popular and a great pick for evening wear.
Words by Charlotte Hobbs